Online videos are now an essential part of digital communications.
Mobile video consumption is growing enormously, with the weekly share of time spent watching TV and video on mobile devices increasing by 85% from 2010 to 2016. Short-form, sharable, engaging videos are fast becoming the primary means of communicating with digital native audiences. This should therefore be integral to any campaign’s digital strategy.
People generally consume video on mobile and on the go, with 85% of social video watched without sound. If you are creating video content for your campaign, be sure to add captions and aim to grab viewers’ attention in the first 3 seconds. Retaining that attention can be a challenge, so keep your videos concise and to the point. Research indicates that the optimum length for mobile video is under 2 minutes.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined
- 82% of users watch video content on Twitter
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text
- Videos on Facebook pages increase end-user engagement by 33%
- Just mentioning the word “video” in an email subject line increases the click-through rate by 13%
- Video can increase landing page conversions by 80% or more
- By 2019, videos will account for 80% of all consumer internet traffic.